Pennsylvania ASCD Leading Online Learning Academy
Pennsylvania ASCD's online Leading Online Learning Academy covers the fundamentals of designing high quality online learning experiences for students. Participants will explore how to accommodate different learning styles online, how to convert learning activities used in the traditional classroom to the online environment, how to inform students of online expectations to help ensure their success, and problems you can anticipate and how to overcome them. Learn quick strategies and tools that you can implement immediately as well as gain access to experienced online educators and a networked community. Participants will receive 40 Act 45 hours upon successful completion.
Target Audience:The Leading Online Learning Academy is designed for central office administrators, principals, assistant principals, curriculum directors, teachers, and other educational leaders who are interested in the development, implementation and evaluation of online learning.
What is the format of the Leading Online Learning Academy?
Pennsylvania ASCD's Leading Online Learning Academy is an online course that allows participants to work at their own pace asynchronously in our online learning management system, Eduplanet21. Participants will respond to discussion board posts, review relevant presentations, and submit job-embedded assignments.
Academy Unit and Lesson Overview:
Unit 1: Introduction to Online Learning
Unit 2: Leading for Effective Online Course Development
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Online Learning for Leaders
- Lesson 2: Introduction to Supervising Online Learning
- Lesson 3: Synchronous and Asynchronous Online Learning
Unit 3: Leading for Effective Online Instruction
- Lesson 1: Creating the Overall Structure of an Online Course
- Lesson 2: Creating Structure in a Unit of Study
- Lesson 3: Creating Structure in a Lesson of Study
- Lesson 1: Creating Effective Online Lesson Presentation and Notetaking Strategies
- Lesson 2: Characteristics of Quality Online Resources
- Lesson 3: Ensuring ADA and FAPE Compliance
- Lesson 4: Online Social and Emotional Learning
Unit 4: Leading for Effective Online Assessment
- Lesson 1: Characteristics of Effective Online Assessments
- Lesson 2: Assessing Online Collaboration
- Lesson 3: Effective Online Grading Structures
Check our events page on our home page for upcoming dates.
Executive Director: Deanna Mayers