Supervision Leadership Academy at Millcreek Township School District (PRIVATE ACADEMY)
This academy is only open to employees of the Millcreek Township School District.
The PASCD Supervision Leadership Academy targets educators who have an interest in promoting teacher growth through the supervisory process. The program is very beneficial for building administrators, central office administrators, teacher leaders and anyone contemplating an administrative position.
Participants will unpack beliefs and assumptions about supervision and evaluation, discuss the essential ingredients that must be present to foster a climate of inquiry, practice using classroom observational tools, analyze data to improve instruction, understand and apply supervisory practices when dealing with novice teachers, seasoned teachers and marginal teachers, and discuss evaluation practices and implementation.
The PASCD Supervision Academy is PDE PIL approved for Act 45 credit. Participants will receive 40 Act 45 or Act 48 hours.
- July 29, 2020
- November 2, 2020
- January 19, 2021
- Time: 8:30am to 3:30pm
- Distinction between supervision and evaluation
- Use of observational tools for supervision and evaluation
- Verbal and non-verbal data collection tools
- Use and purpose of the data collection to guide student learning
- Data analysis and data driven decision making to guide classroom instruction and student achievement
- Reflective conferencing procedures and techniques
- Evaluation for both summative and formative purposes
- Exploring an exemplary supervision/evaluation model
Day 1: 7 Hours
- Difference between supervision and evaluation
- Change process
- Judgments, inferences, and observations
- Organization climate and access
- Classroom observation strategies—verbal flow & selective verbatim
Day 2: 7 Hours
- Discussion of verbal flow and selective verbatim practice
- Non-verbal data collection strategies and techniques
- Introduction of evaluation for summative and formative purposes
- Introduction to differentiated supervision practice
- Working with the marginal teacher - supervision and evaluation
Day 3: 7 Hours
- Discussion and review of both verbal and non-verbal data collection
- Strategies for conducting reflective and direct teacher conferences
- The process for creating a Differentiated Supervision Model
Registration Fee: $400 for PASCD Members $465 for non-PASCD Members
Registration includes: Registration, Continental Breakfast, Lunch, and Workshop Materials
Click here for our cancellation and refund policy.