PASCD Evaluation Academy at IU 5
The Evaluation Academy is designed for administrators and supervisors who are responsible for the evaluation of teachers using the PDE Measuring Teacher Effectiveness Model (Act 82). The Measuring Teacher Effectiveness Model is based on the work of Charlotte Danielson’s Enhancing Professional Practice. The academy will equip those who evaluate teachers with the knowledge of classroom data collection processes, use of the data to inform evaluation, and then using evaluation to either improve the professional practice of the teacher or move toward dismissal.
Please click here to view/download the evaluation academy brochure.
The PASCD Evaluation Academy is PDE PIL approved for Act 45 credit. Participants will receive 40 Act 45 or Act 48 hours.
- Application of the research used in the Danielson Framework for Teaching
- Use of different artifacts to substantiate multiple measures for evaluating teacher performance
- Evaluation of model district policy and data-based procedures related to teacher evaluation
- Identification of potential options as a result of teacher performance evaluation
- Conducting conferences with marginal and failing teachers procedures and techniques
- Developing understanding of Title 22—Act 82
- Developing a dismissal procedure
- The steps of the dismissal procedure including due process
IU 5 Dates and Times:
- November 6, 2018
- December 11, 2018
- January 22, 2019
- Times: 8:30am to 3:30pm each day
Day 1: 7 Hours
- Impact of teacher effectiveness on multiple measures of student achievement
- Apply research from the Danielson Framework for Teaching
- Utilize and assess a variety of collected artifacts in order to substantiate multiple measures for evaluation of teacher performance
Day 2: 7 Hours
- Distinction between a model and ineffective district dismissal plan and procedures
- Potential responses to address poor teacher performance
- Creating a defensible and appropriate teacher improvement plan
- Conferencing with a proficient, marginal or failing teacher
Day 3: 7 Hours
- Adhering to PA legal requirements to ensure due process
- Addressing poor student achievement in relation to individual teacher deficiencies
- Discussion and evaluation of participant’s district model
There will be a total of 19 hours of embedded activities and a culminating project that will involve use of the strategies and techniques learned in the academy instruction.
Registration Fee: $400 for PASCD Members $465 for non-PASCD Members
Registration includes: Registration, Continental Breakfast, Lunch, and Workshop Materials